Will Meyrick’s Buttermilk Akoya with Sea Parsley Oil
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2 hrs or at room temperature for 1hr or until semi-defrosted.
- Shuck using a butter knife, removing byssal thread.
- Bring salted water to the boil and blanch a few Akoya at time for 40 seconds.
- Refresh in ice water. 4. Set aside on a damp cloth.
- Rinse and clean the shell of any meat that has attached itself to the outer shell. Dehydrate for 30mins until shell has dried out.
- Combine all ingredients together for the buttermilk dressing and then whisk in until all ingredients are emulsified.
- Blanch the coriander and sea parsley and refresh in ice cold water.
- Rinse, dry and then blend with oil, green chilli and salt.
- Place rock salt or pebbles on the plate and add the Akoya shells.
- Place an Akoya into each shell, pour buttermilk dressing on to just cover.
- Pour one/two drops of the sea parsley oil on top and then garnish with picked sea parsley.