Will Meyrick’s Akoya with Tosazu, Salmon Roe, Wakame & Chives
12 Leeuwin Coast Akoya
4 tsp of salmon roe
4 tsp of ground wakame
6 tsp of chopped chives
Rayu chilli oil
· 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
· 2 tbsp soy sauce
· 1 tbsp mirin
· 3 tbsp bonito dashi stock
- Defrost Akoya for 20 mins, then shuck and remove the beard.
- Blanch in boiling water for 30 secs then refresh in iced water and place back on the shell.
- Mix together the Tosazu ingredients and pour a teaspoon of the dressing on each Akoya.
- Top with 1/3 teaspoon of salmon roe, 1/3 teaspoon ground wakame and 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives on each Akoya.
- Add a few drops of Rayu chilli oil to each Akoya and serve immediately.