Melissa Palinkas' Rockefeller Akoya
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2hrs or 1hr on the benchtop before use.
- To shuck, pinch either side of the Akoya at the bottom to create a gap in the top of the shell.
- Using a blunt knife, insert the knife between the shell and the Akoya meat and gently separate.
- Repeat on the other shell to release the meat and keep the shells intact and hinged.
- Gently remove the green byssal thread by pulling sideways.
- Sweat the spinach leaves in a pan, drain, squeeze out excess moisture, chop, set aside.
- Melt butter and sauté shallots, add the Pernod and cook out the alcohol.
- Add lemon juice, cream, pepper and cheese, reduce by a third. Cool, then add spinach.
- Poach Akoya in warm salted water for a couple of minutes and place back into their shells.
- Spoon some Rockefeller sauce into each one, place in a hot pan and let the sauce heat up and bubble.
- Serve on some stones, eat out of the shells.