Miso Butter Grilled Akoya with Black Garlic Aioli & Sweet Potato Fries
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2hrs or 1hr on the benchtop before use.
- To shuck, pinch either side of the Akoya at the bottom to create a gap in the top of the shell.
- Using a blunt knife, insert the knife between the shell and the Akoya meat and gently separate.
- Repeat on the other shell to release the meat.
- Gently remove the green byssal thread by pulling sideways and set aside in the half shell, ready for grilling.
- Prepare the black garlic aioli by blending the garlic with the aioli, cook the sweet potato chips and mix together the miso butter.
- Top each Akoya with a generous amount of miso butter. Preheat an oven grill, salamander or a fan forced oven to 200°C. Grill Akoya for 3 minutes until butter is hot and bubbling.
- Serve piping hot alongside the aioli and chips.