Miso Butter Grilled Akoya with Black Garlic Aioli & Sweet Potato Fries
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2hrs or 1hr on the benchtop before use.
- To shuck, pinch either side of the Akoya at the bottom to create a gap in the top of the shell. Using a blunt knife, insert the knife between the shell and the Akoya meat and gently separate. Repeat on the other shell to release the meat. Gently remove the green byssal thread by pulling sideways and set aside in the half shell, ready for grilling.
- Prepare the black garlic aioli by blending the garlic with the aioli, cook the sweet potato chips and mix together the miso butter.
- Top each Akoya with a generous amount of miso butter. Preheat an oven grill, salamander or a fan forced oven to 200°C. Grill Akoya for 3 minutes until butter is hot and bubbling.
- Serve piping hot alongside the aioli and chips.