Matt Stone’s Fried Akoya with Ranch
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2 hrs or at room temperature for 1hr.
- Mix the sour cream and mayo together. Add chopped herbs, garlic, onion and lemon to taste.
- Blanch the Akoya in the shell in batches for 30 seconds and refresh. Open Akoya and shuck from the shells, removing byssal thread.
- Combine the crumb mixture together.
- Place the Akoya in the mixture and firmly press the crumb into the Akoya.
- Heat the frying oil. Fry the Akoya and drain on kitchen towel.
- Spoon some ranch into the shells and place the Akoya on top. Finish with fresh lemon zest and fresh dill fronds.