Lime Cured Akoya Ceviche with Salmon Caviar
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2hrs or 1hr on the benchtop before use.
- To shuck, pinch either side of the Akoya at the bottom to create a gap in the top of the shell.
- Using a blunt knife, insert the knife between the shell and the Akoya meat and gently separate.
- Repeat on the other shell to release the meat.
- Gently remove the green byssal thread by pulling sideways and the Akoya is ready to prepare.
- Mix the lime juice, seasoning, oil and coriander.
- Leave for 5 minutes and transfer the Akoya to the cold marinade. Leave for 10 minutes – 3 hours.
- Rinse and reserve the shells to serve.
- Spoon Akoya back into shells, garnish with the caviar. Serve on top of crushed ice or rock salt.