Garlic Butter Sautéed Akoya with Creamy Preserved Lemon & Parmesan Tagliatelle
24 Leeuwin Coast Akoya
1 shallot, thinly sliced
6 cloves garlic
1 cup white wine
3 cups cream
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
6 tbsp preserved lemon rind, thinly sliced
400g tagliatelle, cooked in salted water
200g shaved parmesan
Cracked black pepper
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2hrs or 1hr on the benchtop before use.
- To shuck, pinch either side of the Akoya at the bottom to create a gap in the top of the shell. Using a blunt knife, insert the knife between the shell and the Akoya meat and gently separate. Repeat on the other shell to release the meat. Gently remove the green byssal thread by pulling sideways and leave in the half shell, keeping the Akoya attached to the shell.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and fry the garlic and shallot until softened. Add the Akoya and sauté gently for 1 minute, add wine and cover to steam for a further minute.
- Remove the Akoya from the pan while completing the sauce. Reduce wine by half and add the cream. Reduce by a further third, season with parsley, preserved lemon and cracked black pepper.
- Add sauce and Akoya to freshly cooked pasta and stir gently. Serve with a generous amount of parmesan cheese.