Albany Rock Oysters with Samphire, Lemon and Pepperberry
Samphire grows wild along our coast line and provides a saline crunch in this powerful dressing. Native pepperberry adds a sharp heat against our creamy rock oysters. The native inclusions make for a great talking point at the table.
- 12 Albany Rock Oysters, shucked
- 2 tbsp lemon infused EVOO
- 2 tsp pepperberry oil
- 1 tbsp samphire, finely diced
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp caster sugar - or to taste
- Season with flakey salt to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Spoon over oysters to taste.
Native ingredients can be sourced from West Australian businesses Moojipin Foods and Roojenics.