Akoya with Avocado & Lime Purée, Pink Grapefruit, Coriander & Caviar
- 24 Leeuwin Coast Akoya
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 limes for garnish
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1 bunch coriander
- 50g jar smoked Avruga caviar
- Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2hrs or 1hr on the benchtop before use.
- To shuck, pinch either side of the Akoya at the bottom to create a gap in the top of the shell.
- Using a blunt knife, insert the knife between the shell and the Akoya meat and gently separate.
- Repeat on the other shell to release the meat.
- Gently remove the green byssal thread by pulling sideways and the Akoya is ready to serve.
- Keep the Akoya in the shell and chill on ice until ready to serve.
- In a small food processor, blend avocado with juice of 2 limes, seasoning with salt, pepper and tabasco until smooth.
- Peel and segment pink grapefruit and cut into small pieces.
- To serve, top each Akoya with small amounts of avocado puree, grapefruit and coriander leaves. Finish with caviar and serve with extra lime wedges to garnish.