Sweet and Sour Native Inspired Albany Rock Oysters
A play on traditional mignonette, this native ingredient inspired dressing packs a glorious punch against the rich & gentle saline flavour of Albany Rock Oysters.
- 12 Albany Rock oysters shucked
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp fingerlime pearls (1-2 fingerlime)
- 4 dried quondong finely diced
- ¼ tsp pepperberry ground (or to taste)
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisk and allow to steep for 15 mins.
- Taste and adjust sugar.
- Lay oysters on a platter and serve with dressing on the side so guests can dress to taste.
- Native ingredients can be sourced from West Australian businesses Moojipin Foods and Roojenics.
- Quondong flavour - the initial taste is slightly sour and salty, developing into subtle, earthy, sweet peach and citrus notes.
- Pepperberry - like black pepper with a kick