Smokey Albany Rock Oysters with Lemon Oil and Micro Herb Salad
Try something fun and fancy at home and play with smoke. This recipe is a nod to the tinned smoked oysters of our childhoods with a fresh spin.
- 12 Albany Rock Oysters, shucked
- Applewood chips for smoking
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp flakey salt
- ½ cup mixed micro herbs
- Combine all ingredients in a small bow, whisk to combine and set aside.
- Place cold oysters into a glass bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Using a small smoker place the smoke pipe into the glass bowl, seal the glad wrap around it and light the applewood chips and fill the bowl with smoke.
- Leave the oysters on smoke for around five minutes for the flavour to infuse.
- Place smoked oysters on a platter and dress with lemon oil and micro herbs.