24 Leeuwin Coast Akoya
4 finely minced shallots
1kg spinach leaves
600ml thickened cream
1 cup grated pecorino
30ml lemon juice
1 tbsp black pepper
Salt to taste
- Sweat the spinach leaves in a pan, drain, squeeze out excess moisture, chop, set aside.
- Melt butter and sauté shallots, add the pernod and cook out the alcohol.
- Add lemon juice, cream, pepper and cheese, reduce by a third. Cool, then add spinach.
- Shuck Akoya, keep the shells intact and hinged.
- Poach Akoya in warm salted water for a couple of minutes and place back into their shells.
- Spoon some Rockefeller sauce into each one, place in a hot pan and let the sauce heat up and bubble.
- Serve on some stones, eat out of the shells.